Larry Nordling assists clients with legal representation ranging from contract negotiation through multi-million dollar construction and/or contract disputes and litigation. His litigation skills include first chair jury trial experience and successful arguments in numerous state and federal courts, as well as assisting clients in pre-litigation and negotiation strategies.
Prior to joining the James | Sobba law firm in December, 2020, Larry practiced as litigation counsel handling complex construction and commercial litigation matters, as well as defending individuals and businesses in a variety of different legal disputes including construction law; fire science and explosion cases; products liability including both design and manufacturing defect cases; contract law; negligence claims involving homeowners’, farm owners, automobiles, trucking, and/or recreational law liability claims; employment law; and professional negligence.
Larry Nordling also has extensive experience in handling insurance coverage and litigation issues. His background representing insurance companies and their insureds has led to wide-ranging knowledge concerning the inner workings of insurance companies, enabling Larry to better assist clients who need to make first party claims against their own insurers and pursue potential bad faith and vexatious refusal claims against insurance carriers.
Larry has extensive experience in Missouri and Kansas Courts, as well as cases before the Kansas Court of Appeals, Kansas Supreme Court, U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, Missouri Circuit Court, Missouri Court of Appeals, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, and the 10th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- First-Chair jury trial experience
- Arbitration experience in both Construction and Commercial Arbitrations
- 2009 Graduate of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Trial Academy, Stanford Law School, Stanford, CA
- ABI Medal of Excellence Recipient
- Music Theatre Kansas City (MTKC) Board Member (2013-2015)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Child Development Center, Board Member (2007-2009)
- Kansas Bar Association (KBA) Outstanding Speaker Award, 2007
Publications & Presentations
- Ethics and Spoliation: Avoiding Blow-Ups at Fire Scene Inspections, (Co-authored with K. Scott Barnhill, P.E.). Defense Research Institute, Fire Science Seminar, November 5-7, 2014, Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Do You Know What You Signed Up For? Understanding, Deciphering and Negotiating Commercial Contracts, KC Chamber of Commerce, Business Class, September 3, 2014
- “The Duty to Warn in Product Liability Cases in Kansas – Second Edition“, (Co-Author), State-by-State Compendium, Defense Research Institute, 2012
- Ethical Considerations For Serving As Local Counsel, Crawford County Bar Association, November 16, 2011